Wauchula – Corruption Capital of Florida
Cities and Counties like any other form of Government create Policies and Procedures for internal purposes and ordinances and codes for the community. Let’s say an employee of the City is violating a policy written by the City. The employee is reprimanded or at times even terminated. But what if the person violating these Policies and Procedures is one of the ones that actually write them? Who is responsible for taking action and holding that person accountable? Normally that could be the City or County Commission. But what if they ignore the public and allow certain City employee’s to continue violating policy, procedures, and contracts and violate the Charter that defines them? If Commission will not reply or answer the Public, who is there to hold them accountable especially when they can’t follow the rules themselves.
CITY: Serious issues
- City Manager in Violation of his Employment Contract and the City Charter
- City Manager committing Fraud to show he’s not violating the above
- City Commissioner not living in the City and using his position to annex in land to the City so he can remain a Commissioner
- City Commissioner Arrested & Charged with Domestic Battery – Also NOT living in the City of Wauchula
- State Attorney lets above Commissioner off with a slap on the hand
- Can the City save Millions shutting down the Police Department?
- City Employees terminated because of Nepotism
CITY: Other Interesting issues
- City Manager takes City Vehicle on Vacation out of State
- Misuse of Education Benefits – The Whatley Story
- Assistant Chief Lost for 2 weeks – Another Whatley Story
- The Missing Internal Investigation – Again, another Whatley Story
- When Corrupt Officials go too far on Facebook
- Banned from Commenting on City of Wauchula Facebook page for asking questions
- Lack of PowerLine inspection results in the death of multiple cows after Hurricane Irma passes over. City refuses to Investigate?
- Misuse of City Time and Equipment. Public Works Director has employees complete concrete work at his dads house on CITY time.
- Mishandled Hurricane Money
- 2015 LifeSync/CareSync Grand Jury Fiasco
- 2 Off Duty Deputies Crash into Pole, admit to Speeding yet NO Citation issued
- Missing Drugs and K9 Death Currently under Investigation-FDLE
- The Death of LEO K9 Daisy
- Thieves steal Deputies Firearms from his unlocked vehicle.
- State Attorney’s Office tosses Murder Case and Criticizes Hardee County Sheriff’s Dept
- The Albritton Insurance Fiasco